I started to work on Genevieve's date reactions this morning, then got bored, lost focus, and passed out for a while from exhaustion.
When I woke up, the stripper job had been redone and clothing was re-tooled to not use loops, along with a couple of other things. So...I guess I'm sleep-coding now?
The stripper will be much easier to deal with going forward. Instead of getting to the changing room, stripping, putting on your clothes, putting on your shoes, moving to the main room, selecting "Get to Work", then moving back to the changing room...well, that's all automated. So you get to the strip club and select "Get to Work" from the locker, and it will put on the clothing appropriate to your job level, let you choose your shoes (similar to when you're leaving the apartment), move you to the main room automatically, and show you the results of your work day before moving you back to the changing room and putting your normal clothes on (have I mentioned that I love how easy the Outfit system makes things for me? Because I totally do).
So one click makes the whole process move forward. This does mean I have to choose your clothes for you, but I doubt anyone will be too upset about that. You still wear the waitress outfit as the waitress, obviously. Novice strippers wear the slutty schoolgirl outfit, strippers wear the cheerleader outfit, and exotic/private dancers wear the white gown. There is a bit of an advantage: knowing what you're going to wear means I can re-write the scenes to account for those clothes.
"But Anonymous Man! Won't that mean we never get to see the descriptions of the clothes when we're wearing them?" Well, first of all, who are you, and how are you talking to me? Second of all, no. See, you know how sometimes you're offered a promotion and you have the chance to turn it down, and there's seriously no reason to turn it down until you get to the Private/Exotic Dancer split? Well, now there is: if you turn down a promotion three times, then you get a "take-home" version of the costume you're wearing for that particular promotion. So if you decide not to progress beyond the stripper three times, then you get to take home your very own cheerleader outfit. Of course, the outfits will be of limited use, but may have some benefits in, for example, the bedroom.
Clothing being retooled to not use loops isn't that big a deal, but it will resolve a lot of the problems with the Outfit system like, for example, wearing two sets of stockings or what-have-you. It's a pain in the ass to code, though. I'll leave it at that.
Other miscellaneous changes?
- Every time period in which you lactate (i.e. you get the message about your breasts getting a little fuller) lowers your overall lactation rate. The more you're lactating, the more it lowers it.
- A lactation accident in your apartment lowers cleanliness by 1.
- Set up a system where, if you call someone up and ask them to go out, then call someone else and ask them to go out, the first person will get mad because you're standing them up, basically. As a corollary, if you ask someone out on a date and then don't go (you asshole), you'll get the same reaction, just at the end of the day. This won't see any real use until I start adding other people that you can date, but the framework is there. Framework is important.
Some other stuff.
- Much like the maid job, if you set up a date and then show up late, you can still do it, but your date will be hurt by it.
- If you ask someone out on a date, and they're either a good friend or in love with you, but really doesn't like the particular activity (example: Genevieve really hates birdwatching), then there's a chance they'll still do it with you, but it will strain your friendship a bit, and your opportunities to advance the friendship will be limited.
- I mentioned a few things during the stream last night. The only one of particular importance (that I can remember) is that I mentioned I came up with a system where the player can change their living situation (i.e. move out of their apartment), and potentially move into a penthouse, a smaller apartment, or a house. Not sure if I want to do that though, as while there would be tangible benefits (the penthouse, for example, having a built-in gym so you only spend half a block with the "Go to Gym" option, rather than a full block), but it would be a pain to implement.