Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

X-Tremely X-Cellent Stream

So here's the deal. X-Com Enemy Unknown comes out tomorrow. I've been looking forward to that game since I learned about it at PAX East earlier this year, and although I've ignored just about everything about it, including gameplay videos, spoilers and screenshots, I know it's going to be awesome. It's going to be amazing. I'm going to have SO MUCH FUN playing it.

And tomorrow is my normal streaming night.

SO FUCK THAT. Instead, I'm streaming right now. Tomorrow I'll be streaming X-Com. Then Wednesday I'll stream some coding AND THEN SOME MORE X-COM!

And then Thursday I'll code for the morning and probably do something with my wife in the afternoon.

Anyway, stream time. Let's do this (working on Futa balls because why not).

Edit: Blergh, karma works against me. X-Com was released at midnight, and all my files were corrupted, so I have to redownload it. Whyyyyyyy.

Anyway, I got about half of the futa balls stuff done, which isn't bad for about two and a half hours of work.

11 comments:

  1. Does anyone know if X-COM will work for Windows XP?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OS:Windows Vista
      Processor:2 GHz Dual Core
      Memory:2 GB RAM
      Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT / ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT or greater
      DirectX®:9.0
      Hard Drive:20 GB HD space
      Sound:DirectX Compatible
      Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
      Additional:Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable, DirectX and Microsoft .NET 4.

      Delete
    2. If it's anything like with Diablo 3, the ''OS limitation'' is just a dumb thing that can be circumvented by making the game believe we have the right OS' version (for the installation).

      Delete
  2. Why does the US get the game 3 days earlier than the rest of the world? I still have to wait 2 and a half days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had the same problem with sleeping dogs, had to redownload everything from scratch. I'm prepared to do the same when x-com gets out here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whats X-COM about anyway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google is your friend : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-COM

      Delete
  5. X-COM was also corrupt for me. Currently re-downloading. X-COM is the latest in an old turn based strategy game series in which you run a secretive government organization tasked with protecting the Earth from alien invasion. It focuses on organization management and squad level tactics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I been wondering like how many dates you need to do for genevieve to kiss you and how long is a pregnancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't buy any games anymore sight unseen, regardless of the name on the game. Too many games & sequels that have come out these last couples of years turned out to be huge disappointments.

    That said, I hope this game beats the odds and turns-out to be the game you were hoping for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The corrupt files thing can be fixed by just restarting Steam, at least for me - no redownloading required.

    ReplyDelete