Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Other Things That Keep Me Busy

Now, I may make games, but that generally also means that I like to play them. And I do. Currently, my thing is MMOs.

I play RIFT, Aion, Final Fantasy XI, and EVE Online. I'm playing Aion because my friends do: I'm not entirely sure I like the game, and I'm almost level 40 (out of 55). RIFT is fun for a while: you can go on for an hour and feel like you've accomplished something, but at the same time, it feels almost like cardboard: stiff and lacking substance. Still fun, though. Final Fantasy XI is my old nostalgia filter kicking in: I've played it off and on for, well, eight years. Never managed to get beyond level 30, but it's still a fun game, and I enjoy the story immensely.

EVE Online, sadly, is an old shame. It's dull, boring and quite frankly tedious, but it's still enjoyable. I was actually thinking about re-activating my old account a few days ago when I noticed that Fenoxo (you may see a link to his blog on the lower right somewhere) posted that he was doing exactly that. How fascinating, thought I, maybe I really should give it a go. And so I have.

If you play any of these games and would like to look me up, it's probably not going to happen. Sorry. However, if you play EVE Online, try to look me up. I won't tell you my character name (because I'm crazy like that), but I'm part of Fenoxo's corporation, Space-Trains LLC, so if you're feeling like a detective, feel free.

1 comment:

  1. EVE Online is fun if you have friends to play it with and if you leave the empire. Empire life is quite dull. Mission running... Mining... OK you can get really rich by trading but there is not much fun in that...

    But if you have friends then you can go to low-sec, null sec or if you are really organized and bold enough then there also is wormhole space (personally me and the corporation I'm in live in WH space for more than a year).

    What makes EVE different from other MMOs is the fear of the death because in other games you just respawn. In EVE you can lose everything... Quite literally. Still it makes the game different and interesting...

    My 106+ millions of skill-points agree to that ;)

    ReplyDelete