Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Creativity Re-established!

After I finished with the second trial, I kind of slowed down, stepped away from the game for a while, and only pecked at it without really doing anything substantial, so progress has been kind of slow. The problem (as I mentioned in chat earlier today) is accounting for all the possible variations that can occur, which is difficult at best, and extremely frustrating at worst. The last object in the second trial requires check for three different possibilities, and each of those possibilities has three more possible interpretations. And it all requires a lot of writing.

That being said, today was the first day that I really sat down and worked on the game in quite some time, and it seems that the time away has paid off. Not necessarily in progress, per se, but rather in renewing my ability to see where I'm going. Goals are important, after all, but getting to them requires a plan, and in the case of game design, it's a rather minute and detailed plan.

So, the good news is I seem to have figured out a few things. The second half of day five, which is spent in the real world as opposed to a trial, was just an unspecific "do things to influence things" plan. Now, I feel like I know what I'm going to plan to do.

And goddamn there's a lot to plan for. But then, that's the fun, I suppose.

I also replaced a few images, because some of the pictures that I was using were chosen on a "good enough, fix later" basis, and turns out today is later.

In other news: I think I'm going to rework/restart Cursed to be set in a medieval setting. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me. I might also work it in Flash, but I haven't made any choices in that direction. While this does not mean that the current version of Cursed will be thrown out the window, it does mean that it will likely be pushed to the back burner. Don't worry, though, all the cool features you've come to expect will (probably) still be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment