New version today. A lot of minor updates, a few majors. No bug fixes.
Just found out that the next stable release of RAGS will include variable grouping. A happy anonymous man is I today.
- More promotions are available for the stripper job. You can now be promoted from Novice Stripper, to Stripper, to Exotic or Private Dancer (Private Dancer isn't implemented yet, I ran out of time). While Stripper is very similar to Novice Stripper, Exotic Dancer has a whole host of new, random opportunities.
- You can now buy magazines at the book store. Magazines are one-use items that change a few stats. Generally speaking if the magazine predominantly features guys, it will shift your preference towards guys, and if it predominantly features girls, it will shift your preference towards girls. There are also other effects.
- You no longer have to confirm actions that take time (with the exception of returning home from the mall, because I forgot about it, I think).
- When leaving your house, rather than defaulting to sneakers, you should put on the last footwear that you had on.
- New command on the dresser and locker: Get Dressed. This should detect the last underwear and set of clothes you put on, and automatically put them on again. Note that this is untested, so bug reports would be very helpful.
- New command on the bookshelf: Clean Up. If you've purchased things that belong on the bookshelf before buying the bookshelf, this command should put those items on the bookshelf.
- Added a command to the testing device: Anonymous Donation. Adds 100 cash, so you don't have to max out your money.
Update 8/8a (Emergency Update)
- Fixed a bug that would cause the game to crash whenever you left the apartment. Note to self: don't make timers call themselves or RAGS will kill itself on an infinite loop.
- Added a command to activate the Get Dressed command referenced above on the closet, not the dresser.
- For some very, very weird reason, the gold lighter is not counted as a lighter for the purposes of smoking. Hang on to the disposable while I figure that one out.
- The dance studio is very rudimentary and broken.
- On the stripper path, you have to advance time in order to leave. This is actually because I noticed an error in the coding (rather than properly advancing time twice, it was set up to advance time once then set the time manually), but thought it was fixed.
- There's no "Get Dressed" option on the locker at the strip club, because I forgot to activate it.
- The "Get Dressed" command seems to miss the medium heels (unconfirmed)
- Masturbation still has a confirm option.
- Magazines can be read during the Late Night time block, when it should be prohibited.
- Still possible to drink milk, even when the milk has been discarded.